Student Satisfaction Survey 2013 –
Analysis of Results: 206 Responses
- During the months of April and May 2013, 206 self-administered Student Satisfaction Survey questionnaires were distributed and collected among current Literacy Council students.
- The purpose of this survey was:
- To understand the satisfaction level of the current students in regard to their classes
- To gauge the length and breadth of students’ study habits
- To ensure the instruction is at the appropriate level.
- To measure how staff and tutors treat students.
- To ask for suggestions to improve the school
- To find out about their goals and if they’ve reached them.
- The overwhelming majority of our students reported satisfaction with their classes.
- Their most important goal is to be able to communicate with others in English.
- The majority of our students are taking classes at the appropriate level.
- The students rate treatment by the staff and tutors as excellent.
- Students report that the Literacy Council programs are helping them succeed.
1. Are you satisfied with the school?
- Over 98% of students are satisfied or very satisfied with the school.
2. Has studying English helped you to perform better?
- The majority of students say that studying English has helped them perform better.
3. Is your English class at the right level for you?
- Only 2 students out of the 206 said their class was at the wrong level.
4. How were you treated by the Literacy Council Staff?
- Almost all students said they were treated excellently by the Staff.
5. How were you treated by your tutor or teacher?
- The students responded that the tutors treated them with respect
6. What is the one thing you like the most about the Literacy Council?
- I like everything; was the most common response.
- Everything is very good.
- Patience of the tutors.
- Conversation class.
- How we were treated by the staff and tutors.
- Friendly atmosphere.
- We learn so much vocabulary, phonics, and grammar.
7. Are there improvements that you could suggest?
- More pronunciation
- More speaking
- Smaller groups
- More classes
- More level of Classes (Ft. Myers, Lehigh, and Cape Coral)
8. What are your goals?
- To speak better English
- To speak English fluently
- To write English
- To read English
- To become a nurse
- To learn to speak English so I can get a goo job
- To get my GED
- To improve my pronunciation
- To help my son with his homework
- To go to college
9. Have you achieved your goals?
- Not yet – still working diligently
- A few said yes