April 29, 2020
We want everyone who visits our building to feel safe – both volunteers and students. While each day there are changes in discussion at the Federal, state, and local levels as to the reopening of the economy, we are preparing for our reopening to occur around May 4. You can stay up-to-date with our plans and decisions here: https://literacygulfcoast.org/coronavirus-update-re-opening/.
Here’s how we’re keeping safety and well-being at the top of our priority list:
- We will be taking the temperatures of everyone entering the building once we are open. Students and tutors will have their temperature taken with a no-contact thermometer upon arrival.
- Three self-standing hand sanitizer no-touch machines will be located at the front entry, the library, and the community room at the south end of the building.
- We have arranged our chairs six feet apart in the rooms with tables for social distancing.
- We will not reopen our Moms and Tots program here in the LCGC offices until further notice.
- Classes & sessions will be for adult students only. All classes will be limited to no more than 10 people placed six feet apart.
Although we are very excited about re-opening and seeing our students, tutors, and staff once again, we want to make sure that we proceeding with every precaution we can.
The LCGC office is asking for donations of masks for our staff & students to wear whenever we return to being operational, as well as containers of hand sanitizer.
Donations would be greatly appreciated as we move towards returning to our normal learning structure, but with caution.
We have several options for those who want to donate:
- Donate a mask and mail it to 26820 Old 41 Rd, Bonita Springs, FL 34135.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to to arrange a delivery or pickup time.
- Donate through PayPal or send a check to help us purchase them for tutors and students.