Back to school is right around the corner and we want students to be successful. Homework and studying are often big parts of a student’s academic success. Here are our top 5 tips to implement at home to help your students.
- Set up a dedicated school space –
- Set up a well-lit homework space that has all the supplies your student needs. It is also important that the space has minimal distractions.
- Create a schedule –
- Find what time works best for your child and create a schedule based on that for homework and studying. Sometimes this is right after school, after a snack, or after dinner.
- Make a plan –
- When your student has a particularly heavy load of homework or studying to do help them make a plan. Break it down into more manageable chunks and take a break every hour.
- Set a good example –
- A child is more likely to be successful at school when their parents are setting a good example at home. Whether it is reading a book, balancing your budget, or getting work done at home, a child is likely to follow that example.
- Acknowledge their hard work –
- Tell your students how proud you are of them and that you see how hard they are working. Hang up their projects and good grades on the fridge and around the house.