The Literacy Council Gulf Coast is looking for a Tutor/Student Coordinator! 20 hours per week from 8:30 – 12:30 Monday through Friday. See the job description below.
The Literacy Council Gulf Coast Student/Tutor Coordinator is primarily responsible for the successful coordination of assignments of tutors and students for the Council’s Adult and Family Literacy Programs. Responsibilities include:
- Interview potential tutors with final decision-making from CEO
- Provide initial student assessments
- Oversee planning and implementation of monthly tutor training workshops, including copying and preparing packets of materials
- Assign students to available tutors or classes.
- Contact tutors to provide information on prospective students.
- Assist with tutor training workshops through transmission of confirmation and information to potential tutors and at the workshop.
- Maintain accurate data regarding students’ and tutors’ matches and classes.
- Maintain updated tutor e-mail addresses and communicate with tutors regarding events, trainings, tutor reports, and other communication as requested by CEO.
- Oversee the annual student survey process
- Teach classes as approved by CEO
- Other duties as assigned