Ways to Give
The Legacy Society
Our Literacy Legacy Society was created to build a stronger foundation for expanding our programs and to provide a stable future for the Literacy Council. Leadership giving is essential toward the sustainability of the Council’s programs and for future growth to meet the needs in the community.
There are four levels of membership in the Literacy Legacy Society:
- Legacy Ambassador: $500 a year for five years – funds 100 books for Moms & Tots® students each year
- Legacy Advocate: $1,000 a year for five years – funds training and support for 20 tutors each year
- Legacy Leader: $5,000 a year for five years – teaches 25-30 students English each year
- Legacy Champion: $10,000 a year for five years – funds one of seven Moms & Tots® Family Literacy Programs each year
Sponsor a Student
- $500 per year covers all costs of teaching a family enrolled in the Moms & Tots® Family Literacy Program
- $400 per year covers all costs of teaching two students English or improving their reading skills
- $200 per year covers all costs of teaching one student English
- $100 per year covers all costs of teaching one tot in the Moms & Tots® Family Literacy Program
Foundation Support or Partnership
We welcome corporate and private foundation support. If your foundation has a heart for literacy for adults and children we invite you to partner with us. Contact us today to learn more!
If you are looking for a corporate partnership, we have many partnership opportunities! Learn more here.
We welcome any individuals who are passionate about literacy to join us in our mission! Simply use the “Give Now” button below to donate an amount of your choosing. We are thankful for your support!
Every gift is important to us. Your donation will help us provide exceptional services to adults and families who are serious about improving their English language and literacy skills, thus improving their lives. Community support is critical to our mission as The Literacy Council provides free classes to all those who request them.
There are several options available for charitable giving. Only your attorney or tax consultant can tell you how a particular gift will affect your case or reflect your tax situation. We suggest that you consult your own professional adviser before considering a charitable donation. Here are a few options that can be considered.
- Memorial Donations A gift in memory of a loved one is tax deductible.
- Honorarium Donations A gift in honor of a loved one is tax deductible.
- Walk of Fame Gifts To honor or memorialize a loved one with a personalized engraved brick to be placed at our Bonita Springs location
- Bequests A gift from the donor’s estate, provides estate tax deduction which may reduce or, in some cases, eliminate estate taxes.
- Charitable Remainder Trust A life income gift with structure and flexibility. Documents are prepared by the donor’s attorney. These trusts make payments, either affixed amount or a percentage of the principal, to designated people for lifetime and then the Literacy Council receives the remainder. It provides several tax advantages.
Literacy Council Gulf Coast, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation registered pursuant to chapter 496, section 496.405 of the Florida Statutes. A copy of the official registration (ch 660) and financial information may be obtained from the division of consumer services by calling toll-free (1-800-435-7352) within the state, registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.